Interview with kidney infection patient - Yaksha Prashna WATCH VIDEO NEWS

10:06 AM



They use a number of tricks and tactics to coerce victims into parting with vital organs. One of them is to play on their naivety - and tell them that the body part will grow back. That was the trick used to dupe Geeta, which finally persuaded her to go ahead with the operation. 'For ten years people came to our village trying to convince us to sell our kidneys but I always said no,' she said.
 But swayed by her desire to provide a house and land for her growing family, she eventually went with her husband's sister to India. 'I have always wanted my own house and a piece of land, and with more children, I really needed it,' Geeta explained. The operation took just half an hour, but she remained in hospital for three weeks. 'When I woke up after the operation I felt like nothing had happen and I was surprised that it was already done,' she said. 'I was then paid 200,000 Nepalese rupees (£1,300) for my kidney and went home to my village to buy my own house and some land,' she went on, describing many Nepalese people's dream of owning their own home.


You Might Also Like

0 comments